Tue 12 Nov 2019 @12 noon - 1.30pm AEST
Plastics role in food security: balancing environmental concerns [Webinar available]
Our speaker is Dr Mitchell Killeen, Managing Director, LyondellBasell Australia Pty Ltd. Mitchell graduated from The University of Melbourne (BSc (Hons), Chemistry) and completed his PhD (in Polyurethanes at the University of Queensland).
Mitchell has had a long, global career with plastics, chemicals and refining. Plastics has a key role to play in ensuring efficient and safe food production, it will play a key role in providing safe nutrition and eliminating hunger.
· Fuel efficient supply chains
· Water preservation e.g. pipe and localised drip irrigation and Mulch film
· Reduction of pesticides (e.g. Mulch films)
· Silage wrap extending nutrition of feed
· Aquaculture – oyster trays, Mussel ropes, nets and cages
· The big one, reduced waste is in food supply chains
· Food safety for consumers (tamper evidence, bacteria etc)
In developing countries where plastics role in hunger eradication is most critical. Leakage of plastics in the environment is an issue that must be addressed.
The Venue: Elgin Inn Hotel, 75 Burwood Road, Hawthorn, 1st Floor. W: http://elgininn.com.au/
Purchase your food and drink requirements downstairs then head upstairs. RSVP by Friday 8 Nov 2019.
Contact Bill Lewis: M 0417 146 800, Text or E: email@example.com Contact Bill for the Webinar Link.