Fri 12 Mar 2021
The Agriculture Institute of Australia (AIA) SA division met with 1st year Animal and Veterinary Science students during O-Night activities at the Roseworthy Campus on 11th March 2021.
Bruce Hancock & Craig Davis represented the AIA (SA) and provided students with an opportunity to join AIA as student members.
The AIA has key functions that are valued by students and early-career professionals.
* AIA is the Agriculturalists, Professional Organisation of choice, no matter what career you take.
* AIA members are trusted, informed, and connected via networks and relationships that can initially lead to work experience, and possibly employment.
* Its FREE for students, and slowly scales up from an early career professional
* It runs the only professional accreditation program for Agriculturalists
* Membership reflects well on your CV, will help in gaining that first interview, and will give you some experience and industry connections & relationships to talk about at interview where your future employee will ask behavioural questions.
* There is Professional development in both technical and communication
In addition, in 2021, the AIA SA Branch is offering to both University of Adelaide’s Waite an Roseworthy Campus students;
* A chance for 1st Years to “meet ‘n’ greet ‘n’ e-join” at O-Day @ Waite, and O-Night @ Roseworthy.
* A “$200 RMW Clothing Voucher Prize” for a new AIA Student Member, drawn on 29th March ‘21.
* On attending their 1st event, a copy of the “2021 AIA Student Compendium” which list over 40 Awards, Scholarships, Conferences, Competitions, training, and Graduate & Intern opportunities for Undergraduates
* Partnering with AUASA in its careers and professional development activities.
AIA South Australian Division
Ag Institute Australia
PO Box 576, Crows Nest NSW 1585 | Australia
Phone +61 2 9431 8657 | Fax +61 2 9431 8677