AIA Victorian Division Lunch Meeting - Webinar available
Tue 13 Nov 2018 @12.00 PM till 1.30 PM
Our speaker Dr Bob Redden will provide a comprehensive overview on the topic of GMO. The importance of GMO crops worldwide, history, development and commercialisation, diversity of crops & uses of the products including food safety.
- The worldwide protests at not being able to use 2nd generation hybrid sterile seed by farmers in developing countries.
- The role of the Office of the Gene Technology Regulator [OGTR] established in Australia.
- The status of the current Government review of the OGTR and processes.
- Gene banks don't hold GM seed stocks but take precautions to avoid contamination
- GMO a big positive for world food supply
- The mishandling of PR and communications has put many offside and imposed huge costs on GM technology.
Purchase your food and drink requirements downstairs then head upstairs.
Join by Webinar if attendance in person is not possible. Contact Bill for the Webinar Link.