For an annual fee for the benefits detailed below, membership represents value for money in terms of essential resources, an invaluable network and specialised professional development opportunities.
The key on-going benefits of membership include:
The key on-going benefits of your membership include:
Our 2019 achievements:
The AIA has been working hard for members in 2019 delivering:
- the launch of the Chartered Agriculturalist (CAg) scheme and the inaugural Ethics Masterclass, which serves as the foundation of this accreditation;
- more than 20 Divisional workshops and networking events across the country;
- National Student Awards and pitch competitions;
- preferential access to events hosted by compatible organisations;
- a network of industry connections throughout the membership group
- Be part of the organisation with an industry-first Chartered Agriculturalist scheme
- Become recognised through the CPAg professional development program
- Be backed by the AIA Code of Ethics.
- Amplify your voice and advocate for your industry through the Advocacy & Policy Special Interest Group & submissions to Government inquiries.
- Develop your leadership and governance skills through committees and the Board.
- Boost your ongoing professional development through AIA conferences and events (and AIA resources).
- Develop your business through access to professional business skills workshops and be connected through the most trusted network of agricultural professionals.
- Weekly agricultural news and opportunities right at your fingers with the Weekly Alert
- Connect with colleagues at Divisional events and build long-term career relationships
- Future Farmers Network, APEN, CCA and Agronomy Australia activities at member rates
- Network with international agricultural professionals using discounted membership of GAIAC (see www.gaiac.org.)
- Join in the conversation on social media and hear from people in Australia and around the world.
- Be more connected through the most trusted network of agricultural professionals.
- Improve your career prospects, credibility & professionalism through ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Improve your business through access to professional business skills workshops & corporate introductions.
- Discounted rates for Professional Indemnity Insurance.
- Events - Build your professional development through conferences and workshops in regional and capital city locations and receive discounted registration fees.
- Credibility- Develop your skills base and become recognised through AIA’s rebranded CPAg professional development program. This program provides a benchmark of quality assurance standards and an ongoing professional development component and can be used as a first step on your path to professional accreditation. Click here to view AIA’s policy statements & submissions
- Advocacy - our active Advocacy & Policy Special Interest Group has recently developed AIA policy position statements & submissions to Government inquiries so you can have your say.
- State Divisions – Be connected with your local trusted professional colleagues.
- Receive the Agricultural Science Journal including member’s only access to online back issues.
- Receive a 20% discount on selected CSIRO Online Journal Subscriptions.
- Discounted membership to GAIAC to gain access to a network of international agricultural professionals. For more information see www.gaiac.org.
- Ongoing relationship with our affiliate organisations such as APEN, CCA & Agronomy Australia.
- Receive up to 40% off annual subscription to Farming Ahead magazine and website
Other activities and opportunities:
- Be eligible to have your say on the future of the AIA and agriculture - on Board, Divisions, Committees, Divisional Engagement meeting and Special Interest Groups to boost your CV & career prospects.
- Code of Ethics - enhance your reputation & credibility through AIA’s Code of Ethics.
- Awards – be eligible to be recognised in your profession or to recognise others.
- National Student Award - recognising and supporting excellence in agricultural undergraduate education.
- Discounts on services such as Hertz car hire & ‘Mapt’. For more information email email@example.com.
Don’t miss out on these upcoming opportunities!
- Eligibility for CPAg and Chartered Agricultural scheme (CAg) scheme now in force:
For further enquiries, please contact the Ag Institute Secretariat:
Ag Institute Australia National Office
PO Box 576, Crows Nest, NSW, 1585
Ph: 02 9431 8657
Fax: 02 9431 8677